Who are we?
We are the South Central Early childhood Intervention Program (ECIP). We are a non-profit organization that provides family-focused, home-based services to families. The children involved in our program are children with special needs, birth to school age, who experience a cognitive or physical disability, development delay, or are at risk for development delays. We work with the family to enhance ALL areas of the child's development, including, speech and language, motor skills, cognitive and social skills, etc. Our organization provides support to families in the Moose Jaw and surrounding South Central Saskatchewan region. Since the beginning of ECP in 1983, South Central ECIP has helped hundreds of children with special needs reach their developmental milestones and individual goals.
ECIP works as a team with other agencies and professionals to determine an appropriate program plan that can be delivered through the ECIP Interventions within the family home.
What do we offer?
- We offer child and family specific programming and strategies
- We facilitate transition planning
- We facilitate a collaborative team approach
- We offer staff members who have strong knowledge based in development of strategies and interventionists for young children who have or may have developmental concerns
- We offer regular home visits (as children are most comfortable in their own environment)
- Parents are KEY players on the team
- We provide parents and families with emotional support
- We will accompany families to appointments and team meetings as requested
- We provide families with information specific to their concerns regarding their child's development
- We provide home visits to Moose Jaw and surrounding area
- We share information and resources through ECIP's lending library
- We work as a team with other professionals to develop appropriate developmental programming for the child
Our Geographical Area
South Central ECIP provides services within the city of in Moose Jaw as well as the surrounding South Central area. (Our service area closely aligns with the Prairie South School Division borders.
We travel north as far as Craik area, south to the US border, east to Bengough and Rouleau and west to Aneroid.